Grill Safety for Football Season
Football season is in full swing! We wanted to share some grill safety tips because we can’t forget that grills are responsible for thousands of home fires a year. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) offers these general grilling guidelines:
- Only use propane and charcoal grills outdoors.
- Place grills away from your home (remember, this counts deck railings!)
- As always, keep children and pets away from the grill area
- Make sure you keep your grill clean by removing the grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill (keep in mind that the leading cause of a grill fire is failure to clean)
- NEVER leave the grill unattended
Stay safe y'all and enjoy this football season! Who are you pulling for? If you haven't liked us on Facebook yet, be sure to join us there each week for our game of the week where we pick a game and you tell us who you think will win!
SERVPRO of Harris, Meriwether & Stewart Counties is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (706)-575-1930!