NPM 2021: Week Three "Low-Cost, No-Cost Preparedness"
This week is the third week in the 2021 National Preparedness Month. This week's theme is Low-Cost, No-Cost Preparedness.
The list below has a few ways that you & your family can be prepared for disaster for no-cost or low-cost. Thanks as always to Ready.gov for creating such great resources for us to share with our local community!
- Download or order your free preparedness products to help your family plan and prepare for the next emergency. www.ready.gov/publications
- Drills aren’t just for your toolbox. Practice emergency drills with your family regularly.
- Emergencies can happen anytime, and less than half of American families have a communication plan. Plan ahead: www.ready.gov/kids/make-a-plan
- Make preparing fun for kids! Go on a scavenger hunt around your house for items you already have to add to your disaster supply kit. Follow this list: www.ready.gov/kit and see how many items you can check off!
- Know what disasters and hazards could affect your area, how to get emergency alerts, and where you would go if you and your family need to evacuate. Visit: www.ready.gov/be-informed.
SERVPRO of Harris, Meriwether & Stewart Counties is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today at (706)-575-1930!